The Cisco HyperFlex™ Operations and Management Release 1.7.1 Version 1.0 is an instructor-led course offered by Cisco® Learning Services. This course describes the Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform. You learn about the platform’s software-defined storage approach, including the architecture, components, operations, management, and troubleshooting the Cisco HyperFlex system.
This is a lab-intensive course that introduces you to Cisco HyperFlex Systems™. You learn about the Cisco HyperFlex architecture, the components that make up the Cisco HyperFlex solution, how to install the Cisco HyperFlex components, how to do daily operations (consume/utilize) with the Cisco HyperFlex products, how to manage the Cisco HyperFlex environment, and how to monitor and troubleshoot common issues with the Cisco HyperFlex Systems.
2 ILT / 3 VITL days
Tasks and Features Covered
- Describe the components that are part of the Cisco HyperFlex solution.
- Describe the Cisco HyperFlex architecture.
- Describe the data platform in the Cisco HyperFlex solution.
- Perform the pre-installation steps for the Cisco HyperFlex solution.
- Perform a Cisco HyperFlex installation.
- Perform post-installation verification of the Cisco HyperFlex solution.
- Perform data store operations (adding, editing, mounting, unmounting, deleting).
- Perform snapshot operations (creating, scheduling).
- Perform ready clone operations (creation, customization).
- Describe Cisco HyperFlex high availability.
- Manage Cisco HyperFlex data stores.
- List and describe other configuration considerations and best practices.
- Perform HX cluster component troubleshooting procedures.
- Perform HX cluster and host configuration troubleshooting procedures.
What You'll Learn
- Module 1: Introduction to the Cisco HyperFlex Solution
- Module 2: Installing Cisco HyperFlex
- Module 3: Exploring Cisco HyperFlex Operations
- Module 4: Managing Cisco HyperFlex
- Module 5: Troubleshooting Cisco HyperFlex
- Lab 1: Installing the Cisco HyperFlex Data Platform
- Lab 2: Managing the Cisco HyperFlexEnvironment
- Lab 3: PerformingCisco HyperFlex Operations
- Lab 4: Viewing Cisco HyperFlex MaintenanceRecords
- Lab 5: Troubleshooting Cisco HyperFlexSystem
Recommended prerequisites for this course are knowledge of:
- Server administration
- VMware vSphere
- Storage clusters and data stores
- Layer 2 in virtual environment
This course is intended for the following people:
- System operators
- Technical support personnel
- System administrators
- Storage administrators
- Network administrators
Who Should Attend