The Cisco IOS® XR Layer 3 VPN Implementation and Verification1 (IOSXR301) is an instructor-led, lab-based, hands-on course offered by Cisco Learning Services. It covers how to implement and verify Layer 3 VPN Services on a Cisco IOS-XR Software–based network.
You learn how to implement and verify Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) in the core of a service provider network, including implementing LDP session protection, LDP nonstop routing, graceful restart, LDP-IGP synchronization, LDP auto configuration and MPLS Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) solution.
You also learn how to implement and verify intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs using MP-BGP (Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol) in core network and various PE-CE route distribution methods, including using static routing and BGP. Also, you learn how to implement and verify inter-AS Layer 3 VPNs using various methods including inter-AS Layer 3 VPN options A, B and C.
This course is part of a portfolio of courses to enable customers to support and maintain their Cisco IOS-XR platforms. These platforms include the Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers and Carrier Routing System CRS-1, CRS-3, and CRS-X; and Cisco Network Convergence System Series (NCS) 1000, 4000, 5000, 5500, and 6000.
Module 1: MPLS Label Distribution Protocol
- Components of the Label Forwarding Information Base (LFIB)
- LDP Protocol Overview
- Cisco IOS XR LDP Implementation
- Cisco IOS XR MPLS Forwarding Infrastructure
- LDP Operation and Configuration
- Commands for Troubleshooting LDP Operation
Module 2: Intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- L3VPN Overview
- L3VPN Operation
- L3VPN Intranet Configuration and Verification
- L3VPN Extranet Configuration and Verification
Module 3: Inter-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- Inter-AS L3VPN Overview
- Inter-AS Option A Configuration and Verification
- Inter-AS Option B Configuration and Verification
- Inter-AS Option C Configuration and Verification
- Lab 1: Lab Familiarization
- Lab 2: Implementing and Verifying MPLS LDP
- Lab 3: Implementing and Verifying Intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 4: Implementing and Verifying Inter-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- Completion of the Introduction to Cisco IOS XR (IOSXR100) training course, or equivalent hands-on
experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Completion of the Cisco IOS XR System Administration (IOSXR200) training course, or equivalent
hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
Cisco recommends that you have the following prerequisite knowledge and skills, and the ability to:
- Efficiently configure Cisco IOS-XR Software–based platforms
- Configure and troubleshoot Interior Gateway Protocol (Intermediate System -to-Intermediate System [IS-IS] Protocol and Open Shortest Path First [OSPF] Protocol) routing
- Configure and troubleshoot BGP routing
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to implement Layer 3 VPN services on a Cisco IOS-XR platform for a service provider or large enterprise environment.
Targeted roles include:
- Implementation and design engineers
- Network planning engineers