The Cisco® NCS 6000 Network Convergence System Architecture and Hardware Overview course introduces you to the NCS 6000 features and functions. You will learn the important system architecture concepts on which the NCS 6000 system is based, explore the hardware components, and understand their function in the overall system operation.
The course will cover a general system introduction, a discussion of the line card architecture, switch fabric architecture, how data makes its way through the NCS 6000 system, a review of the new optics utilized by the NCS 6000, and a review of the overall system mechanical components.
The hardware overview is comprised of 9 lessons totaling more than 2 hours of video training.
This is self-paced learning with 180 days duration access.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- List and describe the major features and benefits of the Cisco NCS 6000 and its associated components
- Describe the high-level architecture of the single chassis, back-to-back, and multi-chassis switch fabric
- Provide a detailed description of the path that a packet takes through the NCS 6000 from ingress port to egress port
- Describe the physical layout of the NCS 6000 system
- Describe the physical layout and available ports on the NCS 6000 route processors, line cards, and fabric cards
- Describe the features and functions of the NCS 6000 craft interface
- Describe solutions for 10-Gbps, 40-Gbps, and 100-Gbps optics
What You'll Learn
- Lesson 1: NCS 6000 Platform Overview
- Lesson 2: NCS 6000 Line Cards
- Lesson 3: NCS 6000 Switch Fabric
- Lesson 4: Life of a Packet
- Lesson 5: CPAK Optics
- Lesson 6: NCS 6000 Software Architecture
- Lesson 7: Troubleshooting – OS and Common Hardware
- Lesson 8: Troubleshooting – Data Path
- Lesson 9: NCS 6000 Mechanicals
There are no listed prerequisites for this course.
This course is intended for network professionals, including designers, implementation staff, network operations center personnel, and support staff, who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco NCS 6000 Network Convergence System.
Who Should Attend