The Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) v1.2 course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP SP certification. The SPROUTE course is a component of the CCNPSP curriculum.
The SPROUTE course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train professionals to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these technique instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. The SPROUTE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure that they thoroughly understand how to implement advanced routing within their networks.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR features to operate and support the service provider network.
CCNP Service Provider
The goal of the course is to train service provider network professionals on the techniques to plan, implement, and monitor a scalable IP routing.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Identify the typical routing requirements, and list the routing protocols that are used in service provider networks
- Describe the steps that are needed to implement OSPF in a service provider network
- Describe the importance of the Integrated IS-IS routing protocol for internal routing, and list the steps to follow when you are implementing Integrated IS-IS in a service provider network
- Implement BGP to connect an enterprise to a service provider and to connect a service provider to an upstream service provider
- Describe the tools that are used for routing protocol manipulation, route redistribution, and BGP route selection
What You'll Learn
Module 1: Service Provider Routing
- Lesson 1: Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols
Module 2: Implement OSPF in the Service Provider Network
- Lesson 1: Introducing OSPF Routing
- Lesson 2: Understanding OSPF Operation
- Lesson 3: Implementing OSPF Routing
- Lesson 4: Implementing OSPF Special Area Types
Module 3: Implement Integrated IS-IS in the Service Provider Network
- Lesson 1: Introducing IS-IS Routing
- Lesson 2: Implementing Integrated IS-IS Routing
Module 4: Implement BGP in the Service Provider Network
- Lesson 1: Enterprise Connectivity to Service Providers
- Lesson 2: Introducing BGP Routing
- Lesson 3: Implementing Basic BGP Routing
Module 5: Routing Protocol Tools and Route Manipulation
- Lesson 1: Introducing Routing Protocol Tools
- Lesson 2: Introducing Route Maps and Routing Policy Language
- Lesson 3: Implementing Route Redistribution
- Lesson 4: Influencing BGP Route Selection
- Hardware Lab 1: Implement OSPF Routing
- Hardware Lab 2: Implement OSPF Special Area Types
- Hardware Lab 3: Implement Integrated IS-IS Routing
- Hardware Lab 4: Implement Basic BGP Routing
- Hardware Lab 5: Implement Route Redistribution
- Hardware Lab 6: Influence BGP Route Selection
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in the following:
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1) v1.2 course
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2) v1.2 course
Primary target audience:
- This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who would like to implement IP routing in service provider environments.
Secondary target audience:
- This course is intended for network designers and project or program managers. This course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for CCNP SP certification.
Who Should Attend