The Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFD) v5.0 is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing data center designers with the knowledge and skills needed to design scalable, reliable, and intelligent data center unified fabrics, and virtualization solutions based on the Cisco Fabric Extenders (FEXs), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Cisco FabricPath, and equipment and link virtualization technologies.
The course describes the Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric solutions, and explains how to evaluate existing data center infrastructure, determine the requirements, and design the Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric solution based on Cisco products and technologies.
Last day to test for this exam is July 3, 2017.
642-CCNP Data Center
642-996 DCUFD. Last day to test: July 3, 2017
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate the data center solution design and design process regarding contemporary data center challenges, Cisco Data Center Architecture solution, and components.
- Provide a comprehensive and detailed overview of technologies used in data centers, and describe scalability implications and their possible use in cloud environments.
- Design data center connections and topologies in the core layer.
- Explain and design data center storage designs, solutions, and limitations of various storage technologies.
- Design secure data centers that are protected from application-based threats, network security threats, and physical security threats.
- Design data center infrastructure that is required to implement network-based application services.
- Design data center management to facilitate monitoring, managing, and provisioning of data center equipment and applications.
What You'll Learn
- Module 1: Cisco Data Center Solutions
- Module 2: Data Center Technologies
- Module 3: Data Center Topologies
- Module 4: Data Center Storage
- Module 5: Data Center Security
- Module 6: Data Center Application Services
- Module 7: Data Center Management
- Lab 1-2: Become Familiar with the Lab Equipment
- Lab 3-1: Explore VDCs
- Lab 3-2: Examine vPC
- Lab 3-3: Explore Cisco FabricPath
- Lab 3-4: Connect FEXs
- Lab 3-5: Interconnect Data Centers with Cisco OTV
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- CCNA Data Center certification
- Knowledge that is covered in the Cisco Nexus product family courses
- Knowledge that is covered in the Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) course
- Knowledge that is covered in the Designing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (DCSNS) course
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Data center designers, data center administrators, and system engineers
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Data center engineers and managers
The tertiary audience for this course is as follows:
- Program and project managers
Who Should Attend