Cisco Digital Learning for NPDEV v4.0 is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices. This course is aligned with the topics covered by the 300-560 NPDEV exam, leading to the Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist Certification.
Certification:Network Programmability Developer Specialist
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability.
- Review data handling and formats.
- Have knowledge of Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and ODL Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests.
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTCONF and NETCONF.
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms.
What You'll Learn
- Course Introduction
- Networking Fundamentals
- Device Programmability
- Cisco ACI
- Cisco APIC-EM Module
- OpenDaylight SDN Controller
- Network Programming Tools and Techniques
It is recommended to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Required: Ability to program in Java, Python, C, or other languages
Recommended, but not required:
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) v1.0 Cisco E-Learning or equivalent Python programming experience
- Any CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification
- Network engineers
- Field engineers
- System engineers
- Network designers
- Network operations
- Network automation engineers
- Network programmers
- Network developers
- Software engineers
- Application developers
Who Should Attend