The Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE) v1.2 course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP SP certification. The SPEDGE course is a component of the CCNP SP curriculum.
The SPEDGE course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of service provider VPN solutions. The goal is to train professionals to enable service provider point of presence to provide Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs. The SPEDGE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure that they thoroughly understand how to implement VPNs within their networks.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS or IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
CCNP Service Provider
The goal of the course is to train network professionals on the techniques to design, implement, and monitor service provider VPN solutions.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the VPN technologies that are used in the service provider environment and the MPLS VPN peer-to-peer architecture
- Describe the implementation steps that are needed to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in the service provider network
- Describe how the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe MPLS solutions for IPv6 and interdomain communication.
- Describe Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet service
What You'll Learn
Module 1: VPN Technologies
- Lesson 1: Introducing VPNs
- Lesson 2: Introducing MPLS VPNs
- Lesson 3: Module Summary
Module 2: MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lesson 1: Implementing MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Routing in MPLS VPNs
- Lesson 3: Deploying OSPF and BGP in MPLS VPNs
Module 3: Special Connectivity in MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lesson 1: Implementing Special Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
- Lesson 2: Implementing Internet Access in MPLS VPNs
Module 4: MPLS IPv6 and Interdomain Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying IPv6 in an MPLS Environment
- Lesson 2: Introducing MPLS Interdomain Solutions
- Lesson 3: Module Summary
Module 5: Layer 2 VPNs
- Lesson 1: Introducing Layer 2 VPNs
- Lesson 2: Implementing AToM
- Lesson 3: Implementing VPLS
- Lesson 4: Enhancing Layer 2 VPN Scalability
- Hardware Lab 1: Implement MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Hardware Lab 2: Connect MPLS VPN Sites via Static, RIP, and EIGRP
- Hardware Lab 3: Connect MPLS VPN Sites via BGP and OSPF
- Hardware Lab 4: Overlapping and Common Services VPNs
- Hardware Lab 5: Internet Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
- Hardware Lab 6: Implement 6VPE
- Hardware Lab 7: Implement CSC
- Hardware Lab 8: Implement EoMPLS
- Hardware Lab 9: Implement VPLS
- Hardware Lab 10: Enhance Layer 2 VPN Scalability
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Cisco IOS or IOS XE and the Cisco IOS XR software configuration
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in the following:
- The Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) v1.2 course
- The Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) v1.2 course
- The Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE) 1.2 course
The primary target audience is as follows:
- This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS VPN service in their network.
Secondary target audience is as follows:
- This course is intended for network designers and project or program managers. This course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for CCNP SP certification.
Who Should Attend