Migrating to AWS discusses how to plan and successfully migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the various cloud migration strategies with a detailed discussion on each phase of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization. This course includes hands-on labs, group activities, and case studies to help reinforce the concepts learned.
This course teaches you how to:
- Explain the various cloud migration strategies.
- Assess cloud migration readiness.
- Discover your portfolio and plan for migration.
- Plan and design your application migration strategy.
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud.
- Optimize your applications and operations after migrating to the cloud.
This course covers the following concepts:
Note: Course outline may vary slightly based on the regional location and/or language in which the class is delivered.
- Migrating to AWS – An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis, and Planning
- Migration Planning and Design
- Migration, Integration, and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- For IT project managers – courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- For IT professionals – courses taken: Architecting on AWS
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
This course is intended for:
- Solutions architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- IT Project Managers who are involved in projects related to migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Individuals who are part of an organization’s cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)